Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tastes like burning

I'm sleepy, but I feel obligated to write something. My carving schedule has been a bit inconsistent this last week or so, as you may have notcied from the gaps of days between pictures. But I'm entering the home stretch with Hermes, so I resolved to spend more time working on it/her. This makes sense when you consider that I need to finish by next Wednesday. So today was going to be the start of the glorious process of feathering an entire foot tall bird. Luckily my computer shut off an hour before I had to go tutor and it would not turn back on. I'm hoping the faint odor of burning was just the power supply dying. So rather than work on the bird, I spent most of my time investigating computery things and hooking up my old computer all sandwiched around four hours of math. I feel like I used the word "so" too many times.

You might be thinking that this really has nothing to do with carving. Aside from eating up a bunch of my time it wouldn't really, except for the fact that all my pictures are on a computer that won't turn on. If it was the power supply things should be back to normal in a couple days. There likely won't be pictures put up until that point. I may not put them up anyway until after Hermes is complete. We'll see how things go. If something else was burning I may just /wrist and be done with it. HAVE GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE!!!

1 comment:

  1. get yourself a good compy 386.

    I'm remembering now that Mike told me late last year to laugh at you when your computer went bad because you were unwilling to drop several thousand on l33t gaming machine. I guess I should be laughing now, except, why can't you just move your hard drive to some other machine, unless it's the hard drive that is the problem.

    ReplyDelete