Thursday, December 4, 2008

The first one

I've been toying with the idea of expanding my daily photo updates. For the most part the web albums work, but if there's something I want to write it has to be in a caption somewhere. And I find that interesting comments tend to never get seen because people don't go back and look at pictures again just to see what comments might have been written. On the other hand, I don't really plan to write that much. I'm not going to go in depth into carving and stuff because no one else does it, and I don't know anything anyway. And I'm not going to write about random stuff too often either because I don't want to. So here's what I'm planning to do for now. Photo updates will continue in the same manner. This place will be used as more of an organizational tool. The main thing for now is that I will keep something like a weekly digest of links to interesting comments so that other people can easily find them and keep track of them. I also know there are a few people without picasa accounts, so they can't even leave comments. They can do that here now if they want. There's a couple other things I'm going to do, but I'm not sure yet, so I'll talk about those if they happen. +/-

Ok, so first a little tour. On the right you'll find links to the main album page as well as links to current, completed, and future projects. You will also find an entirely unenlightening profile page and a followers thingy. I don't know exactly how that works, but if you check out my stuff regularly be a follower. I know most of the people that check stuff daily, but I'm always curious to see if there are any random people out there. My minimal research suggests you have to have a google account to use that, though, so maybe it's not going to be so useful.

Now some stuff you may have missed.

Did you know my carving has prompted Palestinian and Israeli cooperation? Unfortunately, peace talks broke down rather quickly. If you have anything to say about either group, I invite you to leave your comments.

If anyone else has any Plaxico Burress comments, this is the place to put them. At least he doesn't drop every pass or bullet like some receivers.

Try to answer this if you haven't yet. Mike, Victor, and Eric have given it a shot. They all got it, but none on the first try.

I asked for some suggestions here, but no one actually submitted any. Unless whatever Az wrote was a suggestion? Anyway, I'm not joking. Leg pictures have to be getting boring.

Eric is trying to insult me here. I hope you'll help him out.

There are some pictures from a recent visit to Eric and Chrissy in Hartford. Oh, thinking about Chrissy gave me an idea. One sec. Ok, I added a link to her stuff over there on the right. She makes good stuff. Ok, Mike and I were visiting and we revived an old tradition. Start there and keep going. You can't miss it.

I think that's good for now.

5 comments:

  1. This is a good idea, that way I don't have to not look at all the pictures over and over again.

    I need another cracker, as I'm still hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there's one vote for a good idea. Anything I can do to help you not have to not look at my pictures is something I will not be unwilling to not do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jon! I'm leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete